Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Its been a Week..I am a horrible blogger...

...But deal okay! There has been a lot going on.

I finally got fed up with my body...I was done crying while getting dressed..I decided to make a change...

**Cue Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror..."Gonna make a change, for once in my life..."**

Anyway..I digress....

So, I am on a diet and exercise kick and it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I found this fab-o website called http://www.sparkpeople.com/ and its totally free. You put in what you are and what you want to be, and they tell you how many calories to eat and how much to exercise. They also have a meal plan if you want it, but I think that just logging what I am eating is fine with me.

I have been doing a lot of exercising too. We bought a Wii Fit and I do it every day. Its really fun...(the only bad thing about it is when they weigh you in in the beginning, if your BMI is in the overweight category like mine is, they balloon your Mii up so you are rotund. Its pretty bad. I wonder what it would look like if you are obese!)

We have also been taking lots of walks. Walking pushing a double stroller is really hard, especially up hill. Yesterday I walked 2.7 miles and today I only walked 1.2 miles, but it was to and from the park, where I ran around with the kiddos. I still have to do my Wii today, but I have a quiz to study for...

School is also making me super busy. Its getting harder. But I am not worried.

On Monday I went to see my high school calculus teacher, Mr. Sabella, at my old high school. I was thinking of him for some reason while driving to Walmart and I called to see if we could come by for a visit. It was good talking to him. I always tease him because in the beginning of my senior year, he hated me. Seriously, he did not like me at all. I sat behind this guy named Min Oh, and Min would turn around and ask me questions in class, and I would answer him, and Mr. Sabella would yell at me. He thought I was initiating the conversation. Well, on the first test, I got a perfect score, a 102. Since then, he thought I was okay. He even tried to convince me to dump my then boyfriend and marry Pat Hu, another boy in my class who got a perfect score on the first test as well. He said that we would have math genius babies! haha...

Anyway, Mr. Sabella also saw through my poor self esteem and found ways to encourage me without all the bs that comes with dealing with a person with poor self esteem. Does that make sense? If it doesn't I am sorry, I don't know another way of saying it. He was always reminding me of my potential and my skills. But he also wasn't afraid to remind me of my weaknesses too. I think that is a very important quality to have, especially for a teacher.

anyway, the girls played with his dry easer markers, until Jasmine drew on the chalk board and wall with them. Then we were out. It was good seeing him though.

Next week we go to the beach and I can't wait! The girls and the beach! Yay! I promise to put up all the pictures we take!

Sorry this was more than a diary post than a blog post. I had a bunch of things to talk about it seems...

2 comments:

adamosf said...

i NEVER hated you; i just thought you talked too much, hehe. and i'm glad i can be a litle bit of help to you. i'm sure that sometime i'll need some self-esteem help from you in return.

Britt said...

i'm glad things are still going smoothly with school! i feel ya about the double stroller. i'm going to check out that website! you're an inspiration!