Sunday, June 8, 2008

True Friends

Did you ever take a step back and evaluate your friends? Like, do you ever think, "Am I friends with this person because I truly like them, or are we friends of convenience?

When looking at the people in my life, I THOUGHT I could count about 4 true friends, people I would tell anything to. But, during my time of self evaluation, I come to realize that only 3 of those people are really truly friends. Don't get me wrong, the other person is a very nice person. I have a good time with them when we hang out. But, it seems like it is a friendship of convenience. Meaning, we are great true friends when it is convenient for her.

She is never mean...but I seem to become important to her when she needs something from me. Or she is having a really shitty day and needs someone to talk to.

It makes me kind of sad. But at the same time...I am kind of glad I came to the realization now, rather than a couple of years down the road.

When you are younger, you think its the quantity of your friends that makes you feel good. If you have more, that means you are a better person. However, as I am getting older, I see its the quality my friends that matters. As long as I have a few that treats me well, and is my friend with no strings attached or without any conditions, then I am a blessed person.

No comments: