Thursday, June 5, 2008

Potty Training Sucks.

So, I started to potty train Jasmine. Not really because I wanted to, but because she wanted to. I guess she wants to be like big sister, and she has been telling us when she wants to go to the potty for a while, so I gave in.

I made the chart, got all into it..and then suddenly didn't have the energy.

Potty training is about training the kid to go to the bathroom on the toilet, but it is also about training the parents to put the kid on the toilet, at least in the beginning.

I feel kinda bad about it. I think I am sabotaging the whole thing. I really don't want her to grow up so fast. The darn kid is already speaking in sentences, and she is my last baby, so I want to hold on to her babyness for just a while longer.

How selfish is that?!? I know I am nuts, and I know that she is completely ready. I will just bite my lip, push away the tears and do what is right.

The way this child raising is going, it seems like tomorrow I will be blogging about moving her into her freshman dorm. :-(

1 comment:

adamosf said...

I'm not trying to scare you, but my sons have graduated college already and it was only a few hours ago they were starting school.

But they're still better off being potty-trained. :)