Sunday, May 18, 2008

The carnival and all its glory...

So, yeah... A Church in town, St. Peter's has a carnival every year for their Catholic school. I remember going when I was younger, and thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. It was in town starting on Wednesday, and ending yesterday, but because I have school every night, and then it was pretty crappy weather, we didn't get to take the kids until yesterday.

I had to go over to my mom's house in the morning to help her get ready for the King's, um I mean, my brothers arrival home from college, so I told Miss Sarah and Jasmine "Mommy is going to go help Nana, but when you wake up from your nap, we are going to go someplace fun!" Sarah's response? "What kind place?" "It's a surprise Sarah!" "What kind surprise?"

Now, I must add I started this conversation 5 minutes before I left the house, and for that whole 5 minutes I must have heard "what kind surprise?" at least 30 times.

So, fast forward to the carnival. Yeah..what a let down. I mean, I don't know if it was because it was the last day and they just didn't care or what, but a lot of the rides weren't working and it was small and just not fun. Nothing like I remember from my youth. Of course, when I was younger I thought a lot of things were fun that I detest now, like movie theaters.

They got to ride a few rides, and then it started to drizzle. So, I told the girls that we were going to get something to eat, and then come back if it stopped raining to get dessert. We all agreed and then we left to go to Fuddruckers for a quick bite.

Carnival...Fuddruckers. By the way my children were acting you would have thought we brought them to the Opera and then out for liver and onions! The complaining was insane. I didn't understand it. If we stay home and do nothing they whine. If we take them out and do something fun, they whine. So, I can't win? What do I do to stop the whining?

Needless to say..they didn't get to go back to the carnival, and they didn't get dessert. Hopefully our next fun family outing will go a little better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These littles, and their antics as retold here crack me up! Thanks for the laughs, and keep up the great work! =*

kenzie said...

luckies! i love rides!! maybe that day was destined to go wring for everyone under 3, because i got to go to a pirate store and toys r us for sidewalk chalk and all i could do was whine and cry about everything.
mom was unhappy about that because she is sick and now me and jack are sick and what bad timing to be sick on pirate store day. and how come i cant whine whenever i want anyway. i will need to discuss this with sarah and jazzy