Monday, May 12, 2008

A child's obsession with boobs...

I start my blog with a first post about a toddler's obsession with breasts. My daughter, Sarah, is 2 and a half, and is totally obsessed with boobs, mine in particular. I find her staring at mine all the time, and trying to touch them or grab them.

This is quite annoying, especially when we are in public. Take our last outing to ShopRite. We were wating in the bakery section, and I was looking at the case full of yummy deserts. When I feel a hand on my chest. Yes, my daughter was feeling me up in front of everyone at ShopRite. I quickly pushed her hand away and looked around to see who saw. I couldn't see anyone staring at me, so I figured we were in the clear.

I went into my speech again for the 1,000th time..."Sarah we don't touch mommy there. That is mommy's private spot. You can't touch people there, it is not nice."

To answer that speech, Sarah responded like she has done for the 1000th time..."I no have those" as she proceeded to pull her shirt up so I can view her bare chest. It was then I heard a couple of snickers..so I know people were watching the exchange. Embarrassed I put her shirt down and distracted her with chocolate goodness I had no intention of buying for her. Yes, I gave my daughter a Toddlers version of hush money, cookies.

Freud said that this stage in a person's life is the "anal stage." We are learning to use the toilet and we are very curious about all things about our body. I get it, she is learning...but seriously, do I have to get sexually assaulted every time my 2 year old comes around? And I really don't want her worrying about her chest now. Can't I have a break...I am going to have to deal with that enough once puberty hits!

Everyday is a new adventure!

2 comments:

kenzie said...

strange-- my brother is obsessed with my moms boobs too.
i prefer to publicly embarrass my mom by farting and talking about how i just farted until someone acknowledges it verbally. good times.

Anonymous said...

My daughter just turned two and she's obsessed with my boobs, too. She hasn't done anything to me in public yet, but she always wants to lift up my shirt and "jiggle me" at home. I could understand it if she had been breastfed for a long time, but I haven't nursed her since she was 2 months old.