Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Going to the DMV with two children...isn't so much fun

So, I had to get my car inspected today. Well, it didn't have to be today, but I needed to get it done by the end of the month, and since Sarah decided to kill our walk idea by acting out (if you don't stop we won't go for a walk...i am serious..no walk...one...two...three! FINE NO WALK!) i decided it was better to go today. Since she was already in trouble, she would know what real punishment is.

We got our stuff together and headed to the Wayne DMV. It surprisingly wasn't busy at all. Before the inspection though I had to go in and renew my registration. Can you please tell me why it costs me 71 bucks to register my car! That is absurd, but I digress...

We were told to stand in line 3. There were three people in front of us. Not bad. Considering this is the WAYNE DMV. I had Jasmine in an umbrella stroller and Sarah was walking with me. I would have taken the double stroller, but it was way too bulky and I know I would have been running over people's feet and stuff. We had a deal...if you let mommy do this car stuff without making me crazy (and yes that is how i put it) then we will go to Dunkin Donuts after. Yeah, the deal was broken within two minutes of standing in line.

Between growling like an animal, running into two people also standing in line, and talking so loud people in the next county could hear, I was beyond mortified. And this was just waiting to renew our registration! During the inspection, i had two of them loose because we had to get out of the car super quick. I started calm, and ended up looking like a crazy person at the end, hissing through gritted teeth NO DUNKIN DONUTS...YOU GUYS ARE ACTING SO NAUGHTY!

Then, Sarah started to cry. I know that she was crying because I said no dunkin donuts, but this woman looked at me like I was the worst mother in the world because I wouldn't comfort her. Excuse me, this child has gotten on my last possible nerve! She was doing things on purpose to push my buttons, and she is now complaining about not getting what she wants. I was going to deck that stupid &^%$*. Instead I stared back at her until she had to avert her gaze...

Driving home...fuming...the kids were finally quiet. I guess they knew mommy wasn't having it. then I heard a little voice come from the back..."what?" I snapped..really not wanted to hear another demand from the 2 year old. Instead of a demand I heard "mommy sorry i naughty"

Awww...I wanted to snatch her up and squeeze her, which probably wouldn't have been a good thing to do, considering I was on Rt. 80. Instead, I told her it was okay, that she needs to listen to me when I talk, that she can't act like that out in public, etc, etc.

what a great kid I have...apologizing for acting..."MOMMY WE GO TO DUNKIN DONUTS NOW!"

That little...she knows what to do to get what she wants. Too bad I was like that when I was younger too..so I know the games. Needless to say there was no iced coffee in my system today. But at the end of a rough morning, I still had something to smile about...

...oh and I passed the inspection too!

3 comments:

adamosf said...

great blog, marwa! you have at least one faithful reader ;)

kenzie said...

i tried to beg my mom for donuts as well but no dice. we didnt torture her at the RMV tho, she's just mean.
p.s.
two years in a row my mom haqs stood in line to register her already registered car. shes such a ddork.

kenzie said...

sorry about the speeling errors, but i am only two!