Monday, May 19, 2008

Uncle Mazin is home!

So, I started to write this long post about my opinion on our President **cough cough lame duck** George Bush, but I started to feel a fire in my core that I could only imagine is extreme hatred and anger, and I was afraid I was going to spew out a bunch of stuff that would make this blog very negative. (And probably land me on an FBI investigation) so I decided to change my post.

UNCLE MAZIN IS HOME! He arrived from college on Saturday, and my girls are very happy. Jasmine has a new friend. She goes over and gives him hugs every couple of seconds, and yesterday when we were at dinner, she was giving him her food. What a sweetie.

I am kind of sad that Sarah and Jasmine (perhaps I should just call them S&J) only have one uncle. Mazin is my only sibling, and Todd is an only child. I think uncles and aunts are cool. All of mine were in Egypt so I never really got to spend a lot of time with them, but I have really fond memories of my time with them. They made me feel special. I got away with more than their kids. I guess its a right that all family members have. They get to spoil their grandchildren and nieces and nephews so that the parents can be the bad guy.

I have been thinking of my Uncle Said a lot recently. He passed away about 2 years ago from pancreatic cancer. He was so much fun. He worked for the UN and was also a rowing referee. It seemed like he had a million friends, and would always tell me stories about living in Sudan. He also lived in Calcutta for a while. Maybe it was because he spoke perfect English, but I was just drawn to him. Maybe it was because he didn't have any girls that he was drawn to me. But, I always felt special around him. And it makes me really sad to know that he never got to meet Todd or my girls. I wanted him to tell them the stories he had about the elephants that he told me when I was little.

Hopefully my brother can be that kind of uncle to his nieces. And may God grant him the privilege to meet their children.

1 comment:

kenzie said...

my mom is always spitting about bush too, which is ironic because dad is a landscaper. she's always saying she cant wait for bush to be of the white house. but our house is brown and we only have trees so i dont get it.

i love my uncles so much too. i have 3 real uncles and an aunt, but i call my mom and dads favorite friends auntie and uncle too, so thats a good way to get more if you need some.